While switching out seasonal decorations, why not give your home a walk around to see if there are any areas that might be leaving you vulnerable to insects or rodents. With temperatures dropping, many insects and animals will begin to seek shelter for food and protection from the cold. Pest-proofing your home will help you stay one step ahead of spiders, mice, and cockroaches.
Follow these tips from The National Pest Management Association (NPMA) to help minimize the threats that these pests could reek on your home and your health:
- Screen attic vents, openings to chimneys and any other areas that are open to the outdoors, like mail slots and animal doors.
- Keep basements, attics and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry. Consider using a dehumidifier in these areas.
- Keep kitchen counters clean, store food in airtight containers and dispose of garbage regularly in sealed receptacles.
- Replace weather-stripping and repair lose mortar around the foundation and windows.
- Inspect boxes of decorations, package deliveries and grocery bags for pest damage before bringing them indoors.
- Avoid leaving pets' food dishes our for long periods or time.
- Contact a licensed pest control professional if an infestation is suspected.
If you're looking for year-round professional pest protection, Franklin's Healthy Home Maintenance Program (HHMP) may be the perfect plan for your home. With satisfaction guaranteed, you have nothing to lose but pests. Take a look at the chart below for the full list of pests covered with HHMP.
Franklin Pest Solutions' Healthy Home Maintenance Plus Sentricon adds termites to the list of pests above for total home protection you need and the peace of mind you deserve.
Some pests breed quickly, meaning signs one day could quickly turn into an infestation. Remember, Franklin Pest Solutions is just a call away. 800-GOT-PESTS. Use the buttons below to stay in contact through social media or get a free quote for your home now.